Spokko is an independent development studio specializing in creating mobile games, proudly operating within the CD PROJEKT family.
Our team consists of passionate individuals who can turn little ideas into playable reality.
To date, we have released more than fifteen mobile games and each past project have taught us a lot about ourselves and the industry we’re part of.
We are currently working on The Witcher: Monster Slayer – a mobile AR technology-based RPG set in the world of The Witcher.
As a Junior DEVOPS ENGINEER AT SPOKKO YOU WILL:
- Monitor, administer and develop CI/CD in MacOS, Jenkins, Bitbucket and GCP
IN ADDITION, YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO DEVELOP BY:
- Helping us build our network infrastructure in GCP (we use the IaC approach with Terraform)
- Developing the game’s network infrastructure in GCP – the game will need servers in more areas of the world, with new functionalities; new infrastructure solutions may be necessary, which the DevOps Engineer will help design and implement in GCP
- Maintaining the existing infrastructure in GCP (at present, the game uses GKE, Datastore, EventHub and BigQuery, and as the number of players grows, we will need to perform routine maintenance on these services)
- Creating and developing game state monitoring
- Developing tools which will accelerate the development in the framework of the existing infrastructure
- Helping the development team in using the tools
- Identifying and preventing problems which may appear in live versions of the project
- Developing and performing functional and stress tests
- Cocreating the project’s technical documentation
- Experience in working with any CI/CD tool (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab CI) and a practical knowledge of MacOS
- Ability to program in any language which will allow for the building of automation pipelines in the chosen environment
- Knowledge of environments used for version control (Git, optionally Perforce)
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and SSH communication
- Very good command of Polish and English (B2 level minimum)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of automation processes in the Unity engine (e.g. the building process, creating automatic test processes)
- Familiarity with Xcode and Android SDK used in the process of building, testing and deploying games
NICE TO HAVE FOR THOSE who want to develop as a Cloud Engineer:
- Experience in working with the Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes – minimum one year of experience in an equivalent position
- Knowledge of Linux